Following the announcement of a second full-scale lockdown throughout November 2020, we have decided to close Siobhan Davies Studios to all public classes and events. During this time the building will still be open to professional bookings, subject to changing circumstances and the availability of our staff.⠀
Important details for those using our building:
- We are open for professional users only. This includes our programmed artists and studio hirers.
- We will be maintaining a studio users tracking system as per government guidance. Your name and contact details will be kept for 21 days.
- Our opening hours may vary by day, depending on staff availability and the programme.
- Due to limited opening times, it is unlikely that our front of house team will be available to answer the phone. We encourage you to contact us via email at email@example.com to ensure your query receives a response.
Ensuring safety at Siobhan Davies Dance Studios
The health and safety of our staff, visitors and hirers has been paramount as we have assessed how to use our building at this time. Over the summer and lockdown period we have taken the following steps:
- Carried out an extensive review of the building and compiled our Covid-19 Risk Assessment. This Risk Assessment is summarised by the bullet points below and available to download here.
- Worked with artists on individual basis and remotely via surveys, to assess individual artist’s needs and concerns, considering how we can best accommodate these in line with government guidance.
What can you expect in the building:
- An enhanced cleaning regime in all our spaces. Studios will be disinfected before and after each use.
- Hand sanitising stations installed in each studio and throughout the building.
- A one-way system in the building and clear signage to ensure and demonstrate 2m social distancing.
- Limited capacities in all our studios and throughout the building (detailed on arrival and in our risk assessment) to ensure staff and visitors can move safely whilst observing social distancing.
- Floor markings in the studios to give a visual indication of separation of space.
- Hirers will receive a copy of our risk assessment and guidance on social distancing and hygiene prior to arrival.
Download our full risk assessment.
Our risk assessment has been created following current government and Public Health England guidance. This is a working document, it will be reviewed as it is implemented and as the situation and guidance regarding COVID-19 alters.
Thank you for your support and patience as we work within these new parameters. We welcome feedback on our processes and communications - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, concerns and feedback.
We are still accepting bookings to use our studio spaces. Due to cleaning restrictions, all studio bookings will be a minimum of 2 hours. For rates please visit our Hires page. To book space at Siobhan Davies Studios please contact email@example.com.
Maximum capacities for our studio spaces:
Mat-based work: 14 people
Movement work: 8 people
Mat-based work: 30 people
Movement work: 16 people
Complimentary Studios Hours:
On reopening, Siobhan Davies Studios was pleased to be able to offer 25 artists and small ensembles complimentary studio hours, thanks to the generous support of the Creative Land Trust. This offer has now closed.